holistic health – Heart Health We all know how important it is to get our daily exercise and nutritional servings for not only heart health but overall health.
American Heart Association suggests: Heart Health
- Healthy adults ages 18-65 yrs need moderate aerobic physical activity for at least thirty minutes five times a week
- Vigorous exercise twenty minutes at least three times a week
About 652,091 die of heart disease in the United States each year, according to the Center for Disease Control report. This is approximately 27% of all deaths, and if nothing is done to educate people, this trend will continue. It is time to grab control of the reins and learn to take one step each day towards better health.
The Mayo Clinic Recommendations: Heart Health
- Cessation of smoking
- Exercise on most days of the week
- Eating foods low in fat, cholesterol and salt
- Five to ten servings of fruits and vegetables daily
- Adding whole grains, legumes and fish to the diet
- Limiting saturated fats (animal fat)
- Adding omega 3 fatty acids: flaxseed oil, walnut oil, soybean oil and canola oil
- Alcohol in moderation (one glass a day for women, two for men)
What about the Emotional Heart? Heart Health
According to The Institute of Heart Math, after years of study, it is suggested that the activity of the heart is indeed associated with emotions, health, vitality and well-being.
The Heart Math institute found that there are certain rhythms associated with varied emotions. And once an emotion is sent as a signal to the brain, the brain in turn responds back accordingly, which influences the heart to also respond accordingly.
Each emotion has its own rhythm. Anger, sadness, frustration, all produce erratic heart rhythms which in turn send negative signals to the emotional centers of the brain. Research has concluded that those who often experience frustration or irritation are those most at risk for heart disease.
However, there’s a flip side to this story. Emotions of love, appreciation and compassion produce harmonious rhythms which equate to a happy heart, great cardiovascular health and overall health.
How to Have a Happy Heart? Heart Health
Recall a memory from the past that is associated with a feeling of love, appreciation, care or warm and fuzzy experiences. It is important to find the feeling and stay with that, rather than just the memory of the feeling.
Learn in depth about the brain, feelings and how to overcome being addicted to neural programs of the past:
Awaken the Healer Within is a Holistic Health Practitioner program to help educators and students of holistic health learn about thoughts, feelings, brain function, quantum physics and ancient wisdom in order to recreate life experience for self and others on a whole new level.
- Five Healthy Lifestyle Changes to Fight Diabetes: Simple Changes that Can Delay or Prevent Onset of Type II Diabetes
- holistic health happy heart Heart Health heart math heart disease