For a healthy breakfast probiotic yogurt is a great treat. Yet many fruit yogurts contain artificial sweeteners and other chemicals which reduces the health benefits. Eating plain yogurt helps people avoids many of these sweeteners, but the taste is sadly lacking.
Fortunately there is an easy way to enjoy a healthy breakfast of fruit yogurt without making your own. All you need for this yogurt recipe is a blender, some probiotic plain yogurt, honey and fruit. Organic fruit is the best choice for the health conscious, but any fruit will do.
This honey and fruit yogurt recipe can be made in under five minutes and stored in the fridge for later. Even the busiest person can enjoy a healthy breakfast on their way to work that will provide enough energy to start the day.
Honey and Fruit Yogurt Recipe
- 1 Cup probiotic plain yogurt
- 1 Banana, orange, apple, pear or other type of organic fruit.
- 2 Tablespoons honey
Instructions – Honey and Fruit Yogurt Recipe for a Healthy Breakfast
- If using organic fruit with a skin, peel the skin off, and cut or break it into pieces. If the fruit has seeds remove the seeds as you cut it.
- Place the organic fruit in the blender. If your blender is a little weak turn it on for 30 seconds to cut the fruit.
- Pour the probiotic plain yogurt into the blender along with the honey.
- Turn the blender on for 1 minute. If using an apple or other hard fruit let it run for a little longer.
- Pour into glass and drink cold. Or store it in the fridge for later.
A Healthy Breakfast
This quick and easy fruit yogurt recipe is not only good for a healthy breakfast, but can also serve as a healthy drink for lunch, supper or snack. If the fruit yogurt is serving more than one simply increase the ingredients, two cups of yogurt and one and a half banana’s for two people. If it is for a child reduce the ingredients.
The honey is important to this yogurt recipe not only acts as a natural sweetener, but also provides numerous essential vitamins and minerals. If you don’t want the yogurt to be too sweet reduce the honey, for a delicious desert increase the honey.
It is extremely difficult to make a mistake with this.
Bannock, fried bread and steamed buns are also great if less healthy breakfast choices.
Want another type of snack that isn’t so healthy try some easy to make chocolate covered strawberries, baked potato puffs or Italian pizza.
Not sure of what to make for dinner, cook up a one dish pork chop meal, spicy pork, or fried chicken.