The news of a cancer diagnosis is listed among the top fears in modern society. The chances of developing some kind of cancer at least once during the course of a lifetime have increased exponentially over the last century and billions of dollars are spent every year trying to find a cure to this disease. New allopathic methods are developed all the time, but with them come with an increase in risk, cost, and sometimes even questionable results.
Why Go Natural?
Allopathic or conventional cancer treatment like the breast cancer treatment is covered under most health insurance plans, but even with this coverage, the price of treatment plus the chance of missed work from side effects can make the difference between a bright future and one spent in the shadow of sacrifice. Several options outside of the standard allopathic model exist that may provide a more cost-effective and health-effective outcome.
Natural remedies are often not covered by insurance programs and this puts a lot of people off of the track before they begin. Looking into the actual treatments, though, shows that natural remedies are often far less expensive in out-of-pocket costs overall than their allopathic counterparts. The requirement of secondary medications to handle side-effects is also minimal, not to mention that naturopathic patients often report a much higher quality of life during treatment. You can also research peptides in case they are needed for further investigation.
The Naturopathic Process
The Naturopath addresses the need for the body to work as a symphony of systems rather than as individual players at odds with each other. Cancer is often regarded as an over-development of certain types of cells to the detriment of all others, or, to put it into different words, a potentially fatal imbalance of cells. What causes this imbalance is different for various types of cancer, but the overall definition is clear: the body must be brought back into balance.
Naturopaths generally use these procedures:
- Detoxification – This program usually takes about three weeks and cleanses, each in turn, the colon, liver, kidney, lymphatic system, and gall bladder. Some naturopaths also induce sweating and recommend chelation.
- Oxygenizing – Drinking fresh vegetable juices, exercising regularly, learning deep breathing techniques, getting high-quality oxygen supplements, and cleaning your environment with negative-ion or ozone air purifiers can all improve your oxygen levels.
- Balancing Your Nutrition – Most illness does not begin with a pathogen: it begins with a body system that is depleted of the ability to protect itself. Your naturopath will help you develop the food choices that are right for you, both to alkalinize your body and to improve your immune system.
- Boosting Your Immunity –Your naturopathic physician will help you find the right supplements and remedies to help your individual physiology with this challenge.
- Regulating Your Hormones – More than “sex urges” and “PMS-inducers”, hormones control every physical system. Your naturopath will check these systems and find the right treatment for your system.
- Healing the Mind – Most often, before any kind of physical remedy can be effective, you must be willing to examine yourself mentally and spiritually in order to heal any old wounds or unhealthy ideas you may still have. Counseling, yoga, and energy work such as Reiki are all used with great effectiveness to help you through this part of the healing process.
Cancer proliferates due to a high level of acidity in the body. Preventative measures can be taken to adjust the body to an alkaline (or “base”) pH. The body reacts to some acidic compounds by producing alkaline compounds, and vice versa, so one popular treatment includes providing an intravenous supply of Vitamin C to alkalize the body. This method is preferred to oral administration of Vitamin C because the digestive system is likely to flush out most of the ascorbic acid before it has a chance to significantly change the body’s pH. You may have the opportunity instead to adjust your pH levels with diet alone first.
A very popular herbal treatment is called Essiac. It was discovered in the 1920s by a Canadian nurse named Rene Caisse (“Caisse” spelled backwards is “Essiac”), and it came very close to being the primary treatment for cancer in Canada. It is still available today from many sources as it is actually a very simple four-herb tea made from Sheep Sorrel, Turkish Rhubarb Root, Slippery Elm Bark, and Burdock Root. Other things such as Yew Tips, Red Clover, and Dandelion are added to the tea for particular types of cancers.
Warnings and Disclaimers
Cancer is serious business. Please see a qualified health professional for guidance while battling this disease. The statements of this article are not meant to substitute for the advice of a qualified health professional. Its contents are not meant to diagnose, cure, treat, or provide relief for any condition.